Train model for object-detecion using object-detection API#
Tensorflow object-detection training
Object detection pets dataset contains:
- pets tensorflow record
- pets label map
- pretrained coco model (downloaded from here)
During installation, make sure to connect object-detection-pets dataset and object-detection-code model.
Then, it is ready to start training: run task named train. Training with current settings will take several hours. You can change train steps number:
- Adjust (or add) argument
--num_stepsand pass the desired steps number.
However, while training is running we can start task eval: it takes last tensorflow training checkpoint and log some images with detections to tensorboard. As the model training progresses, task eval can be performed many times to see the detection correctness for the model.
To export model, need to adjust some parameters for task export:
Change the execution command as follows:
- Specify --train_checkpoint argument according to num steps in task train
- Specify --train_build_id argument according to build id (task number) of task train
- Specify --model-name argument according to desired model name (object-detection-pets recommended)
- Specify --model-version argument according to desired model version
Then run task export. It will export TensorFlow saved model to the Kibernetika catalog into the current workspace. When the task finishes, you will see the link to your model:
Run serving, request and detection#
There is a pre-trained object-detection-pets model which can be used for serving already.
Or, if you have run the export model from above, that model is ready for serving too. Just follow the link you got in export task and you will see the model page.
Once you are on the model page, click Serve near the model version description:
Then click Serve in the appeared form.